Faith is more than coming to church for worship. Our faith is inseparable from the lives we live everyday. Grace Lutheran church values community, families, teaching, joyful service, outreach and dynamic worship.
Our Guiding Principles As a Congregation and as Individuals
- We are guided by the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- We pursue and support lifelong spiritual growth.
- We work with others to strengthen community.
- We celebrate God’s abundance by generously sharing our resources.
- We honor and care for God’s creation.
- We uphold and support one another as family in Christ.
- We are called by God to be courageous and flexible in an ever-changing world.
We are a congregation with a long history of loving God and serving our neighbors. Whether you know us from Sunday worship, our food shelf, our summer programs, or Grace Center for Community Life – we welcome you. We welcome and celebrate you and whatever race, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, age, and family you belong to. We welcome you to share fellowship with us in your joys and struggles. In our community, we have faced poverty, addiction and recovery, physical and mental illness, dependency and anxiety, and the impacts of crime and imprisonment. We believe that we are made stronger by regular worship, fellowship, and service. If you hunger for a good meal, a bag of groceries, the bread of communion, an opportunity to serve your neighbors, or a welcoming church home, we at Grace Lutheran Church of Northeast Minneapolis have a place for you!
Grace Lutheran Church is proud to be a member of the Reconciling In Christ congregations of the ELCA.