Reading for June 11, 2017: Acts 3:1-21
– Who was Solomon? From the book of First Kings 1-11, we know he was the son of King David, and became both wealthy and wise. Solomon was the last king of a united Israel, and built the First Temple.
– What makes this miracle possible? Is it Peter’s power? the beggar’s faith? magic? Peter’s faith? something else?
– How does Peter talk about Jesus?
– What would the story of this miracle sound like to someone with a disability?
– Jesus also healed a paralytic in Luke 5:17-26.
– What do you think “universal restoration” means?
Questions were collected before worship, and here is the resulting sermon!