Come and meet, greet and eat with your neighbors at a FREE Community Dinner . . . Everyone is welcome! Community Dinners start at 5:30 p.m. Upcoming dates are as follows:
- November 16, 2019 (moved to third Saturday)
- December 21, 2019 (moved to third Saturday)
- January 25, 2020
- February 22, 2020
- March 28, 2020
- April 25, 2020
- May 16, 2020 (moved to third Saturday)
- June 27, 2020
- July 25, 2020
- August 22, 2020
- September 26, 2020
- October 24, 2020
- November 21, 2020 (moved to third Saturday)
- December 19, 2020 (moved to third Saturday)
Grace Lutheran Church hosts FREE Monthly Community Dinners that are usually held on the fourth Saturday of the month (see above for exceptions). The Community Dinner is a delicious and nutritious meal serving 60 – 100 people each month, prepared by volunteers from our congregation along with other valued partners, including:
- Local and regional churches
- Community groups
- Heartwood Montessori School NE, the preschool located at Grace Center
- Family and friendship groups looking for service projects
The Dinner brings together groups of folks who may not otherwise interact with one another: youth and elderly, new residents and the homeless, singles and families, the poor and the well-off all dine together. Please join us! If you or a group of friends are interested in helping with the dinner, contact Jan McGuire at 612-788-2444.
We are also fortunate to have the Mobile Menders with us for many of our dinners! They are a group of volunteer sewers and menders that do basic clothing repair. If you have something that needs fixing, bring the clean item(s) to Grace Center and they’ll see what can be done! They will be with us for the May, July, September, and November dinners.
For more information on volunteering to cook a community dinner click here.