Reading for August 13, 2017: Galatians 1:1-10, 3:23-4:7
– Paul speaks with vehemence to the Galatian church: “WHY are you ABANDONING the GOSPEL?!”
– It seems Paul started a church and then other Christians came in to say “you must also be circumsized” — and Paul is furious.
– Paul is less concerned with the physical act of circumcision and more with how relying on the law undermines the gospel.
– When have you shared something important and found out that it was misunderstood or misused?
– In this letter Paul goes back and forth between anger and compassion.
– How do we know if or when anger is the “right” answer?
Listen to the improv sermon based on this story & the congregation’s questions:
Closing litany written by Rev. Elizabeth Rawling & Rev. Jennifer Chrien.