Reading for July 23, 2017: Acts 20:7-38
– Paul heads for Jerusalem — knowing danger awaits!
– What’s with this sleepy kid?
* Paul talks from dinner to midnight
* Eutychus falls asleep — and falls out the window!
* The name “Eutychus” literally means “good luck”
– Paul talks from dinner to dawn — what would you have to talk about for twelve hours straight?
– Paul quotes Jesus: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Except this isn’t in any of the gospels! What do we think should be in the Bible, but isn’t?
– Why is Paul willing to accept his fate and leave for Jerusalem?
– Paul leaves the elders with a prediction of “savage wolves” — reminding them the key message is GRACE. Where has the idea of “grace” meant something in your life?
Listen to the improv sermon based on this story & the congregation’s questions: