We’re glad you found us. You’ve come to the right place to find out more about Grace Lutheran Church, what we believe, ways to worship with us, and how you can be of help or how you can make use of the community services at our location.
During the encouraged social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19, we will be connecting and worshiping online.
You do not need a Facebook or Zoom account to watch videos or listen by phone.
You can also find past videos of worship on Facebook.
If during this time you find yourself in need – your employment is reduced, your isolation increases, or you’re simply wanting a new book recommendation – please feel free to contact Pastor Emmy directly. We will be reaching out to every family in the congregation and finding ways to keep in touch, but we don’t want anyone to slip through the cracks. We are here for you.
The Christian church has long been a place of gathering in times of trouble and worry. As new information and confirmed cases of COVID-19 continue to dominate the headlines, we want to be proactive in our community care and prevention.
As of the morning of Thursday, March 12, the Minnesota Department of Health is not recommending the cancellation of community events and church gatherings. If this changes, we will follow the suggestions of the MDH.
While we continue to gather for worship, we will make changes and suggestions to our community life together:
- In past weeks, we have moved to communion only by small disposable (compostable!) cups.
- We are continuing to provide our usual hand sanitizing station, and added an additional pump bottle near the kids’ worship supplies.
- We will be strongly encouraging social distancing during worship. This includes no-contact sharing of the peace (bump elbows, give a two finger “peace” sign, or fold hands in front in a prayer gesture).
- Social distancing in worship may also mean sitting further from each other than usual.
- Worship will continue to be livestreamed on our Facebook page (facebook.com/gracenempls). You do *not* need a Facebook account to watch the livestream.
- We are adding a call-in service so that those without access to a computer can listen by phone to worship! On Sundays at 10am, you may dial 646-558-8656 and enter meeting code 908-357-395 to join. (It may ask you for a participant ID, which you can skip by pressing pound.)
Our food shelf will base its opening and closing decisions on recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health, the Minneapolis Public School system, and our primary food partners Second Harvest Heartland and the Food Group (who are also implementing additional cleaning procedures).
If you’re scheduled to help with a service activity but you’re sick, you can call or text Pastor Emmy at 612-548-1439 (or contact whoever is in charge of your activity, like Lynn Mena if you’re working in the food shelf!) and she’ll work to find a replacement.
If you are concerned about your financial stability during the outbreak (especially if your employment will be affected), please contact Pastor Emmy so that we might look for resources together to help.
If you’re tired of singing Happy Birthday while you wash your hands, our ELCA colleagues out in the Delaware-Maryland Synod released this alternative:
Our life in Christ is one of compassion and mutual care, and we ask that everyone remain mindful and aware as we do our best to prevent the spread of all illness in our shared spaces. Please reach out if you have any questions or feedback. We will be monitoring the situation and communicating any changes that need to be made. Peace be with you.
With the snow still mounting and visibility poor, we will not have worship this morning at 10am.
If you need a dose of grace this morning, Pastor Emmy will livestream a quick meditation and prayer on our Facebook page at 9:30am: facebook.com/gracenempls
Stay home and stay safe! Please keep all MnDOT workers in your prayers as they work to dig us out.
– Pastor Emmy
Kids ages 5-12 $5
4 & under are free!
Family ticket $40 (2 adults max)
Vegetarian lasagna will be available.
We are located in Grace Center for Community Life, 1500 6th St NE on the 5th street side at door #3 (purple awning).
Please call 612-788-2444 to make reservations or go to gracenempls.org/supper to order tickets online.
Tell your friends! Bring your sweetheart!